Production Assistant, Mobilization & Grassroots Fundraising Team
The National Democratic Redistricting Committee and its affiliate organizations are seeking a Production Assistant to join our growing mobilization and grassroots fundraising team. The Production Assistant will load, send, and proof emails and text messages, build online petition pages and donation pages on ActBlue. Candidates for this position must have exceptional attention to detail above all else. This position requires a strong work ethic, the ability to focus in a fast-paced environment, and a hunger to make change through digital communications.
- Set up and schedule emails and text messages, ensuring all messages are technically accurate and mistake-free
- Set up signup forms, advocacy forms, and donation pages
- Draft brief emails for upcoming events
- Compile analytics from emails and texts
- Track the content calendar and ensure that messages are delivered on time and schedule adjustments are made as necessary
- Strong commitment to the issue of fair redistricting
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Must maintain the confidentiality of all aspects of our work and consistently model professional best practices
- Excel experience
- Experience with email production
- Experience with SMS marketing
- Experience with EveryAction or NGP 8
- Experience with ActBlue
- Proficiency in HTML
- Familiarity with email acquisition and digital advertising
To apply for a position at the NDRC, please submit a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments on an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your cover letter to “Hiring Manager” and put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC REDISTRICTING COMMITTEE (NDRC)
One of the most important turning points for the future of the country will take place in 2021: when states redraw their Congressional and state legislative lines. Chaired by Eric Holder, the 82nd Attorney General of the United States, NDRC is the first-ever strategic hub for redistricting focused on winning targeted elections and ballot initiatives, advancing legal action, and building the infrastructure to achieve a fairer redistricting process.
Republican gerrymandering after the 2010 Census rigged the system; it is hurting our democracy. The NDRC is working to fix this through a comprehensive strategy that includes overturning unconstitutional maps in court, changing the rules to enact a fairer system for drawing maps, building infrastructure and mobilizing tools ahead of the 2021 redistricting process, and gaining power in targeted states by electing more Democrats.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
The NDRC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. The NDRC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDRC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDRC employee. The NDRC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment