Social Media Manager
The National Democratic Redistricting Committee and its affiliate organizations are seeking a Social Media Manager to join our growing digital team.
The Social Media Manager will conceptualize and write content for NDRC, All On The Line, and affiliate social media channels, including local chapters. Candidates for this position must have strong experience running a social media program for a national organization, campaign, or brand. They also must be able to quickly draft concise rapid-response copy. This position requires strong writing skills and conceptual thinking, a strong work ethic and ability to focus in a fast-paced environment, and extreme attention to detail.
- Conceptualize and write social media posts for NDRC, All On The Line, and affiliate social media channels
- Manage a robust social media calendar for multiple funds, including content planning, authorship, and publishing
- Compile analytics for social media channels and report findings to the wider team
- Build an influencer list to amplify NDRC and affiliate content
- Work closely with digital fundraising team to amplify list building and fundraising content
- Work closely with graphic designer to conceptualize creative assets for social media and email
- Research, understand, and test emerging social media trends
- Experience developing and managing social media strategies for a national organization, campaign, or brand
- Strong understanding of evolving best practices across multiple social media platforms
- Experience developing and managing content for a variety of channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience leveraging paid media to expand reach of content and grow audience
- Very strong writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to write clearly and cleanly under quick time constraints
- Very strong attention to detail
- Must maintain confidentiality of all aspects of our work and consistently model professional best practices
- Willingness to work long and/or odd hours to get the job done
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Experience with Blue State Digital or another CRM
- Experience building an influencer list for an organization or campaign
- Experience using Sprout
To apply for a position at the NDRC, please submit a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments on an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your cover letter to “Hiring Manager” and put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
The NDRC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. The NDRC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDRC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDRC employee. The NDRC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.