States Press Secretary
The National Democratic Redistricting Committee and its affiliate organizations is seeking an experienced and politically savvy States Press Secretary. This person will primarily work across the organization to plan and execute state-specific political and advocacy campaigns leading up to and through the redistricting process that will take place over the next couple of years. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong writing abilities and an interest in state-level politics. This position requires a strong work ethic, ability to think quickly in a fast-paced environment, and attention to detail.
- Work with national and state staff to create, plan, and execute campaigns and press events in priority states.
- Actively pitch stories about NDRC and affiliate activity to regional reporters.
- Work closely with advocacy and digital teams to ensure consistent messaging across all of our platforms both offline and online.
- Help maintain press lists and distribute materials, especially in key target states
- Assist the Communications Director with projects as necessary
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience preparing surrogates, staff, or volunteers for press opportunities
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in communications and press relations, preferably with a combination of campaign, advocacy, or policy experience
- On the record experience preferred
- An understanding and interest in politics and advocacy on both the national and state legislative level
- Experience with key regional and/or national political reporters
To apply for a position at the NDRC, please submit a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments on an email to email@example.com. Please address your cover letter to “Hiring Manager” and put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
The NDRC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. The NDRC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDRC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDRC employee. The NDRC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.