The National Democratic Redistricting Committee is seeking a Targeting Analyst to assist our team on data, targeting and analytical needs for the upcoming redistricting process. The Targeting Analyst will serve a vital role in ensuring that data is an essential component of the decision-making of the NDRC and affiliated organizations.
- Clean and synthesize large datasets including Census products; draw conclusions from data and explain findings to non-technical audiences through written reports and presentations
- Analyze poll data to advance political and advocacy objectives. Work with external consultants to ensure the on-time delivery of dozens of polls at one time
- Build contact reports and evaluate volunteer recruitment programs using VAN and the Catalist platform
- Create and advise on direct voter contact universes for any paid communications programs. Export and format lists as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to provide relevant analysis on historical election results and voting trends in multiple states. – Other duties as needed
- At least 1-2 cycles of campaign experience are required
- Prior data, targeting, or statistics experience is also required. This is not an entry-level position.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must; familiarity with large scale relational databases or statistics software is helpful but not required
- Advanced proficiency with web-based voter file platforms such as VAN, Catalist, or PDI
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: polling and survey research, SQL, field reporting and program evaluation, direct voter contact universe creation, precinct and individual-level modeling, data visualization
- A demonstrated ability to present data-driven recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders in a clear and persuasive manner
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
To apply for a position at the NDRC, please submit a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments on an email to email@example.com. Please address your cover letter to “Hiring Manager” and put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
The NDRC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. The NDRC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDRC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDRC employee. The NDRC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.