The National Democratic Redistricting Committee is seeking a Data Director. The Data Director must have a combination of technical skills, and political data experience to manage a large national voter and geospatial database, grow the NDRC’s internal databases and data infrastructure, and lead a team of geospatial and data analysts while being flexible enough to respond to shifting needs. The Data Director is a team player and will help ensure that NDRC staff get trained on internal data systems and tools and collaborate across departments. This position requires a strong work ethic, ability to focus in a fast-paced environment and extreme attention to detail.
- Manage NDRC data and grow the database.
- Build and lead a team of data and geospatial analysts to conduct analysis on redistricting plans.
- Conceive and direct the NDRC’s data plan and strategies for the upcoming redistricting cycle.
- Strong commitment to the issue of fair redistricting
- 5+ years’ experience with political data, political data analysis and model building
- Experience managing data analysis teams
- Experience with big data and associated infrastructure
- Product development and management experience
- Must maintain confidentiality of all aspects of our work and consistently model professional best practices
- A technical skillset that includes proficiency in a variety of programming and data languages/software such as SQL, Tableau, Python, and R
- Past experience with redistricting plans and tools
- In-depth experience with GIS and geospatial data, preferably political in nature
To apply for a position at the NDRC, please submit a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments on an email to email@example.com. Please address your cover letter to “Hiring Manager” and put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
The NDRC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. The NDRC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDRC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDRC employee. The NDRC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.