The National Democratic Redistricting Committee seeks a technical Product Manager to develop and execute our redistricting software program as well as oversee other data and mapping demands, as necessary. The PM will work closely with stakeholders, product vendors and software developers to gather data requirements and manage the overall product development process. The PM will also provide direction, guidance and support on the delivery, training and use of the redistricting software program.
- Define the scope of NDRC’s mapping tools and services
- Work closely with our external partners to conduct a landscape analysis of redistricting technical tools available
- Drive planning and requirement for features by both building and managing development and product teams
- Command of user centric design to ensure a usable solution
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies such as, but not limited to, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, GIS, Mapping, etc, and use the right tools
- Ability to translate user requirements into software features and detailed technical requirements
- Communicate product benefits to stakeholders including operations, support and training
- Capability to manage experts in their volunteer capacity, as needed
- Capability to assess data platforms and interact with various platform types
- Capability to create and assess metrics on success
- Ability to understand highly technical subject matter and to communicate about that subject matter to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 5+ years of previous experience leading a product team
- Background developing mapping or data analysis software
- Must be able to collaborate and interact across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational levels
- Experience with GIS or comparable mapping software is ideal
- Cybersecurity experience a plus
- Ability to work well collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply for a position at the NDRC, please submit a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments on an email to email@example.com. Please address your cover letter to “Hiring Manager” and put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
The NDRC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. The NDRC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDRC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDRC employee. The NDRC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.